Advice on replacement tyres for light offroad use

Return to: Tyres & Wheels

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Eben van RensburgParticipant

I have to replace a tyre on my Terios 4WD. I bought them with General Grabber GT’s on. My budget limits me to purchasing only 2 tyres (so 4X AT’s not an option right now). I use the vehicle on tar mostly (long drive to Kgaligadi etc), also now and then on bad gravel roads and occasionally I go to the Kgaligadi where there are patches with quite thick sand.

I can get the Conti Cross Contact LX2’s for quite a good price – not a big choice as there seems to be a supply problem with tyres in SA right now? I can also get the Grabber GT’s, but they are purely HT tyres, are they not?

What would you guys recommend, as I have to deflate my tyres quite a bit for the Kgaligadi roads and do not wish to get stuck in the sand, next to the lions 🙂 Also do I fit the new tyres at the front or at the back for a perm AWD vehicle?

Thanks

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.