Register | Log in
Subscribe

battery bracket

Return to: Vehicles & Technical

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Bruiser
    Participant

Would anybody happen to know where I can purchase a bolt in battery bracket. Its for my Hilux D4D to fit a 105AH additional battery. Currently have a National Luna twin charge unit.

• Profile Photo
    Len
    Len on

Battery brackets are easy to come by get the dimensions of the battery h l w

Profile Photo
    Willy Pittner
    Willy Pittner on

Hi Bruiser,

If you are handy with a welder then its no sweat to knock up a bracket yourself. I made a bracket for my cruiser using angle iron and a couple of pieces of flat bar. All of the existing holes that there are in the engine bay (believe me there are plenty) just need a plate welded to battery frame and a hole drilled to mount to existing hole. Thus you dont have to butcher around to mount bracket. I also made a bracket usinfg existing hole on the engine for mounting intercooler. aAfter abit of trail and error you should get it right. I put a piece of rubber into the tray and made 2 J bolts to tie in battery using a flat bar accross the top. The flat bar was painted then a piece if shrink sleeve plastic put over it. Never had a corrosion problem with itand battery never ever moved.

Regards

Willy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the 4x4 and outdoor industry.

preloader