Subscribe
Register | Log in

Diesel 500 vs 50 ppm

Return to: Vehicles & Technical

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Gerd Kopanski
    Gerd KopanskiParticipant

Hi
    I am new here but I have a question which bothers me and nobody was able to take away my concerns completely.
    I recently bought a Mitsubishi Pajero 2006 3.2 diesel with 180.000 km on the clock.
    The vehicle and engine are in a “dream condition”.
    I assume that 2006 was still a year for 500 ppm anf therefiore the verhicle was driven wit 500 ppm fore at least
    6 to 7 years. The recent owner however used 50 ppm for at least 2 years and by doing this, extended the service intervals from 7.500 km to 10.000 km.
    It makes sense to me, however I also know that 50 ppm is much less lubricating than 500 ppm.

My questions: Can I carry on with using 50 ppm, assuming that the additional lubrication required for 50 ppm is taken care of by the oil companies ?
    Can I also retain the 10.000 km service intervals ? I intend to use synthetic engine oil exclusively.

I +would appreciate it is someone could bring back restful nights to me.

Gerd

• SA4x4
    SA4x4
    SA4x4 on

Hi Gerd,
    Our journalist Andrew says: “Only use the service intervals specified in the service manual. 50PPM has lubricating agents and detergents to lubricate and clean the engine and injectors. It’s advisable to always try get your hands on the higher quality juice.”

Hope this helps 🙂
    The SA4x4 Team

Gerd Kopanski
    Gerd Kopanski
    Gerd Kopanski on

Hi Andrew
    Thanks a ton, I feel much better now. 50 ppm it will be !
    Gerd

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.