Return to: Cross-border Overlanding
These suggestions feature in the magazine, but certainly worthy of a post on this forum!
1. Firewood IN – don’t chop down trees or gather dead wood within parks or wilderness areas
2. Litter OUT – Take your litter (or any other lying around for that matter) and dispose of it outside the park or wilderness area.
3. Keep Quiet – Enjoy the sounds and sights of the bush by keeping noise to a normal ‘spoken voice’ level
4. Make NO new tracks – Conserve the environment by sticking to existing tracks
5. Respect local laws and people, and their traditions. Don’t created avoidable conflicts – if the oke doesn’t want to let you take a snap of himself or his tribe then don’t force the issue!
6. Poo – buried; Toilet paper – burned…enough said.
7. Support local trade – make some new ‘friends’ and change the perception of locals regarding overlanders.
Please reply with more suggestions.