Register | Log in
Subscribe

Tyres with stronger sidewalls?

Return to: Tyres & Wheels

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Goddard
    Participant

I travel to Mozambique quite often and as a result need to deflate my tyres for driving on sand. from doing this I seem to get a lot of punctures on the sidewalls.

From my research I have found BF Goodrich and Cooper. They appear to have stronger sidewalls. Does anyone know if its good to deflate these tyres?

If anyone disagrees with my shortlist what would you recommend I get for my 4 x 4 Fortuner?

• Profile Photo
    Pandy
    Pandy on

Erm, Mozambique has really good roads

Profile Photo
    Dirk
    Dirk on

Yeah, tyres deflating in sand could be asked for depending on the sand.
    Tyres pressures are important and if the tyres are good should be no problem!!

Profile Photo
    Dirk
    Dirk on

Tyres are a good choice, BF

Profile Photo
    Dirk
    Dirk on

Cheaper but good for the job

Profile Photo
    JAP
    JAP on

I found this review on BF tyres in this months SA4x4

Product Review: BF Goodrich KM3 Mud-Terrains

Profile Photo
    Steve
    Steve on

Coopers have had issues with cracks on deflated tyres and you will have difficulty with the warranty claim

@pandy Mozambique has nice beach “roads” as well

Profile Photo
    Pandy
    Pandy on

yes, they have everything…..beach roads….very hectic sand roads….very nice roads (from SA to Maputo)….rely fucked up tar roads….to main citys, any car, some roads…2×4 or good driving skills…..4×4 for the rest

Profile Photo
    Len
    Len on

You lost me after Maputo

Profile Photo
    Pandy
    Pandy on

Then get a GPS 🙂 ROTFL

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the 4x4 and outdoor industry.

preloader