The Quick Pitch roof-tent was first released in 2019 and takes a fresh look at traditional closed-box RTT designs, with many unique features. Water ingress when driving in rain at speed is eliminated because of a patented extruded full-width pivot point between the upper and lower halves. There are no hinges! Can also be used as a roof rack, using optional loadbars.
With load-rails running the full-length top and sides, items (to a 40kg max) such as jacks, spades, awnings, lights and axes can be fitted anywhere with standard bolts. Does not need special mounting brackets or bolts, and thanks to its attachment rails, can be easily fitted on any good load-bar or roof-rack. The Quick Pitch RTT is manufactured using stateof-the-art jigs, resulting in consistent quality of manufacture, unique patented aluminium extrusion designs, with no external hinges or rivets that can eventually fatigue and let in water.
They are Tig-welded together by our in-house welding maestro, whose real name is Welder. We’re not kidding! Designed by a South African and Australian team, our tent is built outside Pretoria and helps SA’s balance of payments as most are sold in North America and Australia. And we just love doing what we do!
Closed length/width/height (mm): 2 300 x 1 425 x 260
Interior sleeping space length/width (mm): 2 150 x 1 280
Open height of roof (mm): 1 600
Roof opening mechanism/type: Gas struts capable of opening with 40kg on roof and two stainless steel lockable over-lockers
Material used in construction of shell: Our own aluminium extrusions, welded, with no external rivets and no hinges, which means extreme durability and weather resistance
Mattress thickness/type: 75mm Comfort Foam covered with lightweight but heavy-duty cotton canvas. It’s a proper mattress
Ladder included (yes/no): Yes. Telescopic ladder, able to reach heights of up to 2.6 metres. No need for ladder extensions
Foot/mounting type and material used: Multi-use, fulllength mounting rails built into the aluminium extrusions sides and top, includes 3mm stainless steel mounting brackets
• Roof insulation with high-density isolation foam, canvas cover with storage bags for clothes and shoes
• Protection from cold air underneath with high-density insulation in floor and light carpet below
• Large side and back-end openings with insect screens to repel midges and mosquitos
• Weather awnings on all three openings
• High and wide zip-up entrances can be opened all the way down to the mattress on all sides, and higher up means significant reduction in night-time condensation
• Curved lips on the base make getting in and out far easier and more comfortable
• A proper 75mm high-density mattress
• Night and daytime storage is taken care of with six spacious storage compartments to hold books, shoes, towels, medicines, clothes and night needs
• Charge devices overnight with two USB charging points
• Run overnight appliances with the standard 12V outlet
• LED night light with long, flexible stalk
• The unique design air-assisters means even a child can open this one. Even if there is a load on the tent, it can still be opened and closed with ease
• Weather-shielding awnings on all three sides, eliminates dew from wetting the bedding, and all three sides means you can leave the entrances open for fresh air, even in moderate rain
• Roof can be held hands-free in an almost-closed position, so getting all bedding inside is quick. Bedding can be left in the tent while traveling
• The ladder is variable-height and collapsible which means there is no need for annoying ladder extensions. Fits even very high vehicles (up to 2.6m)
Weight: 85kg including mattress
Warranty: 3-year structural and on all working parts (from date of invoice, T&Cs apply)
Price standard (incl. VAT): R30 992
Disclaimer: Although the information shown above is presented in good faith and believed to be correct at the time of publishing, SA4x4 makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information. SA4x4 has no liability for any errors or omissions in the content freely displayed. Please note that all the prices shown below are subject to change without notice. Due to the nature of imported equipment shown above, please understand that we as a South African market are very dependent on the Rand/ Dollar exchange rates.
SA4x4 encourages all patrons and users to check pricing of items shown online with vendors directly via our contact form.